Tuesday, March 11, 2008

HELLO 2008.

I was sitting on the train today, thinking about the Australian girl who, whilst on a train in America writing in a journal, caught the eye of an American boy, who decided she was the girl of his dreams, and set up a blog to find her. I've no idea whether they maintained a relationship or not, but I thought it was pretty damn romantic.

So, whilst sitting on the train, I decided I should write whilst traveling more often. Maybe this way I could find the boy of my dreams. Though often it becomes easier to write on here, or type, than handwrite whilst squished between other people within a rattling train carriage. So, I did in fact come across a few flaws in my plan to woe the boy of my dreams.

Firstly, the boy sitting next to me was definitely not that boy. And from where I was seated, none of the other boys in eyesight were that boy either. Clearly the most major flaw.

The second flaw, was that I was lost for ideas as to what to write. I decided that my french needs improving, so I began to scribble away in my notebook, random tidbits of 'francais' that is most likely severely grammatically incorrect.

Another flaw, was that another boy that was definitely not the boy of my dreams, appeared to be watching me. Now, it's probably a little silly of me, to be writing away with the purpose of attracting the boy of my dreams, only to get grumpy when someone actually watches. But see, my notebook was tilted AWAY from the general public of the train. I'm certain he was trying to read what I had written via the reflection in the window. But maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe it only works in America.
So, I'll have to wait till my trip later this year to test my theory.
I have serious doubts.
But maybe I'll continue to ramble in french on paper, incase it attracts the boy of my dreams.

No comments: