Monday, October 15, 2007

Some of my favourite things.

1. My Scarf//

I can't even remember how long ago it was that I bought my scarf, but I do know that I got it from my neighbour, when they were selling all their things out in the street. It's obviously been handmade sometime, and it's so different from any other scarf I've ever seen. The actual knitwork is interesting. I don't know what sort of knitting it is, but I don't recognise it. And then instead of it just being 'flat' as such, it has been folded around so that it is twice the thickness...So, if you were to say, cut off the ends, it would be like a really long tube. Make sense? I hope so. ^^
The colours are pretty crazy as well. On their own, they are all somewhat ugly colours, yet together they just make an awesome collection of coolness. Also, the scarf is about 3 meters long. It has suffered hot chocolate stains, it has suffered rain, hail snow, it has suffered heat, because I can't bear to not wear it during summer, and it has also been a movie star. I created a film that was a representation of Autumn. And Autumn= scarves. <3

2. My old phone//

For New Years this year, I went to the Pyramid Rock Festival. It was absolutely incredible. So here I was on NYE. I had seen Silverchair play and danced for hours to Mylo the night before, I had been at concerts all day, and now here I was, right in the middle near the front of a crowd of 15,000 people, dancing and going crazy to The Living End. It was quite possibly one of the best/most romantic/craziest times of my life. Best, because the band were amazing. Most romantic, because a complete stranger stayed with me for hours, making sure I wasn't killed after I had got stuck in the middle of the mosh pit. I never got to find out his name, and I never got to say thank you, after I managed to get out and find some fresh air&water. I know it has nothing to do with a phone so far, but my cell/mobile phone was the next part. Considering it was boiling hot and summer, I was just wearing a tshirt and shorts. The shorts were flimsy and had shallow pockets, which meant that at some point, my phone escaped, and found itself underneath those 15,000 people.

Once The Living End had finished, we were well into 2007. The Freestylers were next, and although I had fun dancing to them too, my poor phone was on my mind. All my 'Happy New Year!' messages would be gone! At about 4am, my friend and I made our way over to the spot where I had been with my amazing mosh protector earlier. There were plenty of people collecting shoes, bottles, bags, tshirts and other lost items that were scattered all over the joint. The ground was muddy and covered in rubbish, yet somehow, my phone was found.


3. My Beatles Coin//

In 1999, I lived in England for a year. I know my profile says that I think this has been one of the best years of my life, but if this isnt, then that year was. Or else it's a draw. My family moved there, where my parents worked, and I went to school. We travelled practically every weekend, and spent the Summer holidays all around Europe. I'm so fortunate, I think I've been to 18 or so countries. Anyway, in England, we lived in a little town between Manchester and Liverpool. Even though it's socially unacceptable, i go for both Manchester United & Liverpool in the football. *shrugs*

Considering The Beatles were from Liverpool, there were plenty of times that they came up during our time in England. My next door neighbours were an old couple who skipped school in their teens to go down to the pub and see the Beatles play, before they were superstars. Plenty of times we would spend a day visiting one of the members childhood houses, or a location where they recorded, or where they had been sighted etc. Though I think one of my favourite times was visiting the Beatles Museum in Liverpool. There was a yellow submarine, there were photographs, records, documents etc etc etc. And there was also a machine, that would print a beatles stamp on your coins. So, I have a copper coin with a Beatles stamp on it. It is awesome.

No comments: